National Pool Lifeguard Qualification courses
The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is widely accepted by swimming pools in the UK and Ireland as a minimum qualification as a role of a lifeguard within the swimming pool.
The course includes swimming pool rescue skills, basic life support, basic First Aid, managing a casualty suffering from a spinal injury, managing a swimming pool environment identifying hazards that could cause harm to users and much more.
To enrol on this course, candidates:
- must be 16 or older;
- must be able to reach the deepest part of the swimming pool
and pick up a manikin;
- swim 70 metres in 80 seconds;
- swim 200 metres continually;
- jump or dive into the swimming pool;
- exit the swimming pool unaided.
Successful candidates will each receive:
- Royal Lifesaving Society (RLSS) NPLQ certificate
- Royal Lifesaving Society NPLQ Lifeguard manual
- Handouts and revision sheets
To retain your NPLQ, you must attend 20 hours of training over a two year period and the course must be renewed every two years. Leisure centres run training sessions for staff but if, you are looking to renew your certificate then you can join one of our NPLQ courses for two days, provided we have the space.
3-7 April 2017
29 May-2 June 2017
3-7 July 2017
10-14 July 2017 SOLD OUT
17-21 July 2017
24-28 July 2017
7-11 August 2017
15-19 August 2017
4-8 September 2017
23-27 October 2017
If you are interested in attending one of the courses please contact reception to book on 020 8255 1116
NPLQ Training Courses Application Form (PDF173kb)